How To Get Back In Shape After Having A Baby!
I know it can be scary in your third trimester wondering how in the world am I going to lose all of this "baby" weight?! Don't stress! There are many ways and I'll tell you how I did it! I gained about 30lbs throughout my pregnancy. A week after giving birth to my son, I lost about 15lbs! I nursed my son for 10 months. Nursing also helps you lose weight faster.
When my son was about 9 months, I had 5 lbs to go to my pre-pregnancy weight. I hadn't been working out, but I was eating healthily. I love to juice! Make sure you use lots of veggies when juicing though, too many fruits and you will defeat the purpose.
Here is a great recipe: 1 bunch of parsley, 2 granny smith apples, 1/2 lemon, 1/4 cucumber, 2 handfuls of spinach
After drinking this, you'll be ready to take over the world! :) I limited my sugar and caffeine intake primarily because I was nursing and didn't want a night-owl (even though I ended up with one anyway, but that's another story!)
Once I had 5lbs to go I went to a local boot-camp style gym. They combine Crossfit workouts with cardio. Within 5 weeks I was in the best shape of my life!
Here is a breakdown!
- A lot of the weight will come off right after you give birth
- Breastfeed - this helps you lose weight faster!
- Breastfeeding encourages healthy eating! Eat lots of fruits, veggies, lean meat, and drink lots of water! Try our juicing recipe!
- Go on daily walks when you return home from the hospital (with your doctor's "okay"). You can also try these mom and baby exercises:
- Baby Squat: Hold your baby close to your chest and do a squat. Here you can learn How to Squat properly.
- Baby Push-ups: Place your baby underneath you eye to eye. Now you can interact with your baby and get fit! She will absolutely love seeing mommy go up and down!
- Baby Lunge: Hold your baby close to your chest (or in a baby carrier) and do a lunges, alternating legs each time.
- Baby Russian Twists: Sit on the floor with your knees bent and heel about a foot from your bottom. Lean back and keep your spine straight. Holding yourself at a 45 degree angle hold your baby and gently twist from side to side.
- Make sure you are getting your rest!
- If you are working out and not seeing any results, try a boot-camp or engage in different activities. Your body will get used to the same ol' routine. We joined Hard Exercise Works.
- Don't stress, make small goals. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, you have plenty of time to lose the weight. Follow these steps and you'll be back to your pre-pregnancy weight in no time!